Russian Presidential Grant
in support of civil society development No. 17-1-006957
About the Project
Project time frames:: October, 2017 – August, 2018
Project brief. Within the project, we have carried out an expert analysis of modern challenges in the international and Russian science. We have identified and described development risks of human resources capacity of the Russian science that have emerged at the turn of the 21st century. We have analyzed current international and Russian approaches to designing qualification/competency frameworks for researchers. Namely, we have carried out a social study based on in-depth interviews with experts — Russian, European, American, and Chinese scientists involved into training of research and teaching personnel. We have worked out a methodological support package for a researcher formation Model in the following fields of education: Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences. We have also worked out Recommendations on the optimization of objectives and training tracks of highly-qualified personnel within postgraduate programmes and submitted these recommendations to the Russian Ministry of Science. The discussion of the research competency formation Model has featured all the ACUR member universities, representatives of over 10 Federal Methodology Associations (Russian: FUMOs), numerous prominent scientists, as well as developers of the Russian qualifications framework in the field of science and research.
Project mission. Create a science-based model of modern research competency formation for the three higher education levels, in the fundamental subject areas and work out a methodological package supporting formation of research competencies of graduates of degree programs in the fields of study/subject areas of Mathematics and natural sciences, Humanities, Social sciences.
- Target 1: Carry out a comparative analysis of human resource development trends in science in the post-Soviet Russia with the trends and patterns in the USA, the European Union, and China over the last 25 years. Point out possible risks for the development of Russian economy in the context of the trends traced.
- Target 2: Organize a complex expert assessment of the current status of the research, scientific and pedagogical types of professional activity in the National Qualifications Framework being introduced in Russia.
- Target 3: Analyze best practices of research competency formation for university graduates, via a survey aimed at studying the experience of the leading universities in Russia, EU, USA, and China.
- Target 4: On the basis of the analytical and sociological research carried out, work out Concept of successive research competency formation for graduates of the three levels of higher education (henceforth, the Concept), taking into account the science-related part of the Sectoral Qualifications Framework being introduced now.
- Target 5: On the basis of the Concept, work out the Organization model for the study process aimed at successive research competency formation, for the programmes of three higher education levels, including the necessary methodological support matters for the three education subject areas.
- Target 6: Hold an in-depth discussion the Model worked out within a scientific & methodological conference, with participants from the Russian Academy of Sciences, the Russian Ministry of Education, Federal Agency for Scientific Organizations, participants from the professional standard development community, as well as represetatives of at least 40 classical universities from nine federal districts of Russia.
- Target 7: On the basis of the summary of the expert discussion, improve the Model and the corresponding methodological support package.
- Target 8: Submit the guidelines/recommendations: (a) to the Ministry of Education on the use of the project implementation results for updating the Federal Educational Standards (FGOS) and the Comprehensive Education Programmes; (b) to the Ministry of Labour on the use of these results for development and improvement of the Sectoral Qualifications Framework in the field of education and science.
- Target 9: Publish the results of the investigation including the Model developed and the methodological support package, in three articles in periodicals; also publish of Methodological guidelines for educational and research organizations implementing higher education programmes.
- Target 10: Provide a broad distribution of the project results amongst Russian universities in all federal districts.
Project results and organized events
- Postgraduate studies: concerns and suggestions
- Challenges and development strategies of world science
- European qualifications framework: research competencies
- Human resources potential of the Russian science
- National qualifications framework (Russia): research-oriented activity types
- Project of the Unified qualifications framework for research and development
- Summary of interviews with experts
- Head of the Project: Eugenia Karavaeva
- Artamonova, Yu.
- Demchuk, A.
- Dunaeva, L.
- Grichuk, D.
- Kanukoeva, A.
- Karneev, A.
- Kharlanov, O.
- Kotlobosvky, I.
- Malandin, V.
- Melekhova, O.
- Minyar-Belorucheva, A.
- Minyar-Beloruchev, K.
- Mosicheva, I.
- Parfenova, S.
- Potanina, Yu.
- Prudnikova, M.
- Rakhleeva, A.
- Saphonova, V.
- Semenova, T.
- Sinyakov, A.
- Teleshova, I.
- Temnova, L.
- Tyshkevich, V.
- Uspenskaya, I.
- Volodarskaya, Yu.
- Vorobyova, O.
- Zyryanov, V.
Experts interviewed within the project